2018 Delirium Boot Camp Application
Wednesday October 3 - Friday, October 5, 2018
NOTE: Applications now closed for the 2018 Delirium Boot Camp
Download Agenda: DeliriumBootCamp_AGENDA_2018
Boot Camp Dates & Location:
- Wednesday Oct 3, 2018 1:30 pm – Friday Oct. 5, 2018 2:00 pm
- Nittany Lion Inn, 200 W. Park Ave, State College, PA 16803 | https://nittanylioninn.psu.edu
About the Boot Camp
The Delirium Boot Camp was founded in 2013 through a career development award to Sharon Inouye to establish the Center for Excellence for Delirium in Aging: Research, Training and Educational Enhancement (CEDARTREE). The Delirium Boot Camp has now evolved to be a major activity of the NIDUS Mentorship and Career Development Task Force, under leadership of Donna Fick, PhD, MSN, and Wes Ely, MD, MPH. There are now over 70 alumni of the Delirium Boot Camp program, which has expanded to include international participants as well as participants from across the United States and Canada. The Boot Camp includes didactic session on a variety of delirium-specific research topics ranging from biomarkers to qualitative research, as well as a mock grant review, CAM training and more.
Materials from the 2017 Delirium Boot Camp in Boston are available on the 2017 Delirium Boot Camp page.
Please take a moment to determine if you are eligible to attend the 2018 Delirium Boot Camp. This Boot Camp is intended for persons with previous research training and experience. Faculty and research fellows who meet the following criteria are eligible to attend:
- Previous training in the fundamentals of clinical research
- At least 1-2 years of previous research experience
- Hold an MD, PhD, or other doctoral level degree
- Interest and passion for delirium research
- Once accepted, willingness to devote 8-10 hours of advance preparation time for the Bootcamp (beyond preparing the application and proposal)
Please contact email@example.com with any questions about your eligibility or this application in general. There is no fee to attend the Boot Camp other than cost of travel and lodging. There are limited travel awards available.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2018 Delirium Boot Camp" by 5:00pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, June 20, 2018.
A completed application will include:
- The completed PDF application form available for download above.
- A brief statement of interest as described in the application above.
- A complete mock pilot proposal as described in the application above including abstract, scientific plan, career development and research program statements, and all appendices (biosketch, mentor statement, budget justification, timeline, resources and environment).
Due to limited availability of seats at the Boot Camp and advanced prep required for both Boot Camp participants and faculty, we are unable to accept any late applications.
- Template and formatting guidelines for NIH biosketch: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/biosketch.htm
- NIH "Write your Application" Grant-writing guidelines: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/how-to-apply-application-guide/format-and-write/write-your-application.htm