LOI Instructions and Collaboration Award Information
LOI Deadline: Monday, November 15, 2021, 5:00 PM EST
NIDUS II (Network for Investigation of Delirium: Unifying Scientists) Pilot Award Letters of Intent (LOI) are due November 15, 2021. See instructions below. As an exciting one-time incentive, NIDUS will award the principal investigator of ten letters of intent with a NIDUS Collaboration Award to support and encourage development of future collaboration. Ten awards $1,000 each will be awarded by December 30, 2021.
Note: Both US and International (non-US) investigators are eligible to apply.
2022 NIDUS Pilot Grant /LOI Priority Areas: The Letters of Intent and Pilot Grants must clearly focus on at least one of the 4 following research areas chosen to have broad impact on the field:
- Inter-Relationship of Delirium and AD/ADRD: studies on risk factors, pathophysiology, and treatment.
- Harmonization and refinement of delirium measurement tools.
- Biomarker and mechanistic studies to advance our understanding of the pathophysiology of delirium and to identify therapeutic targets.
- Clinical Trials–Intervention Development studies for future clinical trials, especially of delirium treatment.
Requirements for LOIs:
- Must address NIDUS II priority areas and lay the groundwork for future collaborative paper and grant.
- Must utilize the NIDUS Cores and resources to accomplish the work.
- Must involve an interdisciplinary team of up to 5 investigators from multiple disciplines, across 2-3 institutions (max 3 subcontracts).
- Senior investigators that can give in-kind support are encouraged—may be from another institution (if does not require payment/subcontract)
- Preference for projects that include junior investigator(s).
- Roles of each investigator involved must be clearly identified and distinct.
- Investigators must be PhD, MD, or doctoral equivalent.
- US citizenship not required.
Formatting and Submission instructions:
Please submit your LOI in PDF format as a single document. LOI’s should follow general NIH formatting guidelines (11 point Arial font, with 0.5 inch margins on all sides).
Cover sheet containing the following information:
- Title of project
- Principal Investigator: name; institution/organization; contact information (email, phone number, mailing address)
- Collaborators (full names and their institutions/organizations)
- NIDUS II Priority area addressed by the LOI
Letter of Intent (One page maximum):
- Overview: Scientific Rationale and Innovation (200 words max)
- Specific Aims and Hypotheses (100 words max)
- Planned Approach: Brief Summary (150 words max)
- Significance: Include how this project would lead to a future large project and/or grant (100 words max)
Attachments (Only as follows; no other attachments accepted):
- NIH Biosketch for Principal Investigator only [follow NIH guidelines: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/biosketch.htm.]
- Description of Collaborative Team: (200 words max)
- Describe each team member and their unique, distinct role on the project
- Brief Budget Justification: (200 words max) for description of how the $40,000 grant will be used
Applications are due by Monday, November 15, 2021, 5:00pm EST. No late or incomplete LOI accepted.
- Email your application to the NIDUS Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use the subject line “2022 NIDUS II Pilot Award Letter of Intent”